Since founding the companies in 1979, Jeffrey E. Levine has directed the new construction and/or rehabilitation of thousands of residential units, including both affordable and luxury housing, student housing, hotels, senior living, health care facilities and millions of square feet of commercial retail, office and institutional space.
He most recently developed the Edge along the Williamsburg waterfront in Brooklyn, a 1.5 million square feet mixed use project, which includes approximately 2,000 residential units, over 60,000 square feet of retail, structured parking, a water taxi pier, and a pedestrian esplanade.
2 North 6th Place, which is the last phase of the development, is currently underway and is slated for completion in mid-2017.
Community and Industry Involvement:
- Member of the Real Estate Board of New York’s (REBNY) Executive Committee
- Vice Chair of the Associated Builders and Owners of Greater New York
- A founding member of the New York State Association for Affordable Housing (NYSAFAH), and the Kimmel Foundation, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating and promoting affordable housing and services for aged, handicapped, and other special-needs populations
- Services on the Board of Directors of the Citizens Housing and Planning Council (CHPC), the NY Housing Conference, and the Chamber of Commerce of the Borough of Queens.
- Partner in the Partnership for New York City
- Member of the National Association of Homebuilders Multifamily Council, the Long Island Housing Partnership, the New York Housing Partnership, the National Council on Seniors Housing, and the Urban Land Institute
- In 2005, Mr. Levine was appointed to the Mayor’s Commission on Construction Opportunity
- In 2014, Mr. Levine became a Vice-Chair at the New York Building Congress (NYBC)
- On the Advisory Board of the Bernard and Anne Spitzer School of Architecture at the City University of New York
- Member of the Advisory Board of New York University’s Real Estate Institute
Notable Professional Recognitions:
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- National Association of Home Builders Affordable Builder of the Year
- Associated Builders and Owners of Greater NY Developer of the Year
- Phipps Housing Community Builder of the Year
- The New York Housing Conference Developer of the Year, 2000
- Mr. Levine is a board member of the St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children, and he was the 2010 Annual Tribute Dinner honoree where he was recognized for Outstanding Commitment for New York Children and Families
- Met Council’s Builder of the Year Award, 2011
- Mr. Levine, together with his son Benjamin Levine, received the “Generation-to-Generation Award” from the Jewish Community Relations Council, 2012
- Israel Peace Medal from the Development Corporation for Israel, 2012
- Serving his second term as the National President of the Jewish National Fund and continues to be a Member of the National Board, which recently honored him with its Tree of Life, a humanitarian award given in recognition of outstanding community involvement
- REBNY with the Kenneth Gerrety Humanitarian Award, 2016
- Honored by CHPC at their Annual Luncheon with the Impact Award for Housing
Mr. Levine graduated from the City University of New York’s City College School of Architecture.